Bre John had an awesome idea to update her ceiling fan on a budget! She used wood looking wallpaper/contact paper from Amazon to turn the modern looking blades into a farmhouse style light.
It looks amazing and you could do this to any old ceiling fan you have!
Here’s Bre’s awesome video tutorial she made for us…
Update Ceiling Fan with Contact Paper
- Wallpaper/contact paper (peel and stick)
- Credit card
- Light sander block
- Roll out the contact paper over the ceiling blade and put something heavy on the end to hold it.
- Peel off the back and smooth it out towards the end with a credit card or something similar so no bubbles are in it.
- Take your sand block and in a downward motion go around the edges and sand it until it comes off.
- Peel off the excess and hang!