This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
The next time you eat some soup or veggies in a can, save the container! They make the cutest little rustic pumpkin decorations for fall!
You can use any shade of orange paint to make them look the way you want.
I think on my next pumpkins I will add a curly wire to replicate a pumpkin’s stem!
The perfect farmhouse fall decor on a budget!
Soup Can Pumpkins
- Recycled Cans I used Large Bean, Soup and Water Chestnut sizes
- Wooden Finials Three – Craft Store
- Ribbons Green – Assortment
- Craft Paint – White Light Orange, Primary Orange, Dark Orange, Dark Brown
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Gather all supplies. Wash and dry metal cans, then apply a basecoat of white craft paint. The white basecoat will allow the oranges to pop. Basecoat wooden finials with brown craft paint. Set aside to dry.
- Topcoat the largest can with light orange craft paint, the medium can with dark orange craft paint, and the smallest can with primary orange craft paint. Apply a second coat, if necessary, then set aside to dry.
- Attach wooden finials to the top center of each can with a glue gun and glue sticks. Instead of wooden finials, use a small branch from the yard or a thick piece of rope.
- Cut green ribbons in random lengths and tie around the finials. Trim the ends of the ribbons with scissors. I used four different colors and types of ribbon and twine. You could also use yarn and embroidery floss.