Little Tike Doll House Paint Job
Did you ever have a Little Tike’s doll house growing up? Now you can give it a farmhouse makeover! Correne Longstrom gave her daughters doll house a fresh new look. Almost as if Chip and Joanna did it 😉
Here’s the inside of the doll house…how cute!
1. I sprayed a vinegar, dawn dish soap and water mix and washed the whole play house and let dry.
2. I sprayed the whole house inside/ outside with rust-oleum satin antique white spray paint.
3. This took time. I would spray it 2 times a day. Giving it ample time to dry between each coat. It had to be done in a well ventilated area and a dry area. The paint took the the plastics well and with a thin coat each time it didn’t bubble or peel. This play house has a total of 7 coats and honestly could use 1-2 more.
3. I hand painted all the black trim with a small paint brush and matte black acrylic paint. ( If the screws had not been striped the window trim and door trim could have been removed and sprayed)
4. I tapes off the whole house with painters tape and drop cloths after 2 days of drying. I them painted the roof with rust-oleum stone grey in a satin finish.
5. The roof was easier to cover seeing it already had 7 coats of white paint. The roof took 3 coats. Following the same steps as above.
6. I removed the drop cloth and let the whole house dry for 2 days in a a well ventilated and dry area.
7. All of the interiors were made from cardboard (Dinning room table, pictures, and patio furniture) and dollar store finds ( couch, dinning room chairs, large dinning room picture, rugs,) . Some of the barbie furniture is from my daughters existing barbie collection or hand made. Target dollar spot we bought the exterior trees, bathroom and living room plant, bath tub, picture of the fire place, lamps and accessories. The fire place, front entry bench, side table we made from jinga game pieces and popsicle sticks. I glued them together with hot glue, spray painted.
8. Everything for furniture was spray painted with the same grey, black or white spray paint we used on the house.
The house has been used almost every day since December and has held up well. Nothing has peeled, chipped or broke.