This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Make a beautiful farmhouse ornament using a twig, ribbon, fake berries, and twine! Super easy and fun to make for Christmas. This is the first year we got a flocked tree for our buffalo plaid farmhouse theme and these ornaments will go perfect with them.
Just collect some sticks outside and you can make a ton of tree ornaments all different colors! We love how this blogger used a cinnamon stick instead of a tree twig!
Farmhouse Twig Tree Ornament
- 1.5 ” Wide Buffalo Plaid Wire Edge Ribbon
- Berry Floral Pick
- Jute String
- 8 ” Twig
- Hot Glue
- Cut the ribbon into 10 strips (you made need more or less depending on the length of your twig).
- The strips of ribbon should measure approximately: 3 9” strips, 3 8” strips, 3 7” strips, 1 6” strip
- Tie the ribbon strips into loose knots. Arrange the ribbons so all the pretty side of the knots are facing the same direction.
- Start with one of the 8” strips of ribbon and slide it up to the middle of the twig. Add the shorter ribbons in order of length above the middle ribbon and the longer pieces below the middle ribbon. Once the ribbons are spaced evenly, pull the ribbon ends to tighten the knots.
- Trim the ribbon to form a Christmas tree shape. Leave the ribbons longer than you think they should be. It will be easier to gauge the length after adding the jute hanger.
- Cut a long length of Jute string. Mine is approximately 7 inches. Add a strip of hot glue to the top of the twig.
- Create the Jute Hanger. Wrap the Jute string around the twig over the hot glue until you reach the top. Form a loop with the free hanging portion of the string and glue the loose end back on to the wrapped portion of the twig.
- Snip off a small clump of red berries from the floral pick. Add a dab of hot glue on top of the Jute wrapped end of the twig and press the berries into place.
- Trim the ribbons to the desired length to form the shape of a Christmas tree.