Susan Crase turned regular old plastic pumpkin buckets into RUSTY looking decor! We absolutely love them and she was so kind to share her tutorial. These could be used for inside the home or outside decor! She bought the pumpkin pails at Walmart and then used an exact-o knife to cut out the face features.
Here are the cans of spray she used so you can see the brands!
Faux Rust Paint Pumpkins
- Plastic Pumpkin Bucket
- Brown Texture Rust-oleum Spray
- Acrylic Sealer Spray
- 3M Multipurpose Adhesive Spray
- X-acto knife
- Rust-oleum Paint Primer Paint wont stick unless you use this!!
- Using an x-acto knife, carefully cut the facial features out of the pumpkin bucket (optional).
- Spray the pumpkin with the paint primer and let dry. Then use the brown texture spray. Let dry.
- Then put the adhesive spray all over the bucket and throw cinnamon on it. Shake off excess.
- Spray with the sealer coat and let dry. Done!