This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Cute Button Art Idea
The wood frame was found at a garage sale for a dollar so it worked perfectly!
Button Chicken Art
- 8×10 Frame
- Optional – A few sprigs of dried herbs or flowers – These were from Hobby Lobby
- Buttons – These wood buttons are great!
- Assorted Sizes Art Button for DIY Crafts Decoration, Sewing
- Burlap Craft Sheets – 8×10
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Gather buttons together. I like to dump them all on a paper plate and then sift through to find the colors I want to use. Here I chose red tones, black buttons, orange, and light beige. I also chose small and medium sized buttons.
- Lay out the outline of the chicken, starting with the head, using red buttons for the chicken comb and waddle. Use dark buttons for the leg and foot.
- Once you get the outline set, start gluing buttons into place.
- Start to fill in the chicken with medium sized buttons and smaller ones for tight spaces.
- Now we will build up the chicken by overlapping buttons. Here you can bring in orange tones to add depth and outline your chicken wing. I used black for the wing.
- Once your chicken is finished, you can hot glue a few sprigs of dried herbs or flowers at the sides of the chicken.
- Hang to display or set on a buffet.