This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Cute Button Art Idea
Make some adorable chicken decor using vintage buttons! The burlap craft sheets were from Amazon here and the coffee button multi-color pack is from Amazon too!
The wood frame was found at a garage sale for a dollar so it worked perfectly!
Button Chicken Art
- 8×10 Frame
- Optional – A few sprigs of dried herbs or flowers – These were from Hobby Lobby
- Buttons – These wood buttons are great!
- Assorted Sizes Art Button for DIY Crafts Decoration, Sewing
- Burlap Craft Sheets – 8×10
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Gather buttons together. I like to dump them all on a paper plate and then sift through to find the colors I want to use. Here I chose red tones, black buttons, orange, and light beige. I also chose small and medium sized buttons.
- Lay out the outline of the chicken, starting with the head, using red buttons for the chicken comb and waddle. Use dark buttons for the leg and foot.
- Once you get the outline set, start gluing buttons into place.
- Start to fill in the chicken with medium sized buttons and smaller ones for tight spaces.
- Now we will build up the chicken by overlapping buttons. Here you can bring in orange tones to add depth and outline your chicken wing. I used black for the wing.
- Once your chicken is finished, you can hot glue a few sprigs of dried herbs or flowers at the sides of the chicken.
- Hang to display or set on a buffet.